Draft Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Group ‘B’ Gazetted Posts of Civil Engineering Department
Draft Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Group ‘B’ Gazetted Posts of Civil Engineering
Draft Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Group ‘B’ Gazetted Posts of Civil Engineering Department of Indian Railway
The draft Recruitment Rules (RRs) of Group ‘B’ Gazetted Posts of Civil Engineering Department of Indian Railway are being uploaded on the official website of Ministry of Raiways for seeking comments of stakeholders. Comments/suggestions, if any, on the draft RRs may be sent to email id [email protected]
Draft Recruitment Rules
(TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II, SECTOR 3, SUB-SECTION (i))
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, 25th April, 2019
G.SR (E):- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution of India and in supersession of the India Railway, Department of Civil Engineering, Group ‘B’ posts Recruitment Rules, 1979, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before supersession, the president hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Divisional Engineer in the Civil Engineering Department of the India Railways, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement (1) These rules may be called the Indian Railways, Civil Engineering Department (Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Divisional Engineer) Group ‘B’ Gazetted Recruitment Rules 2019.
2. Number of post classification and level in pay matrix, – The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3.Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc. – The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification -No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b)who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
Shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government, may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax. – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of the rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving. – Nothing in these Rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, The Scheduled Tribes and other special categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to in this regard.