AIPEU-GDS Go For Two Days Strike On 8th &9th Jan 2019
GDS 2 Days Strike – Non-Settlement of Demands – Postal JCA
AIPEU-GDS : LETTER TO SECRETARY POSTS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION-GDS
(An associate member of National Federation of Postal Employees)
CHQ: Dada Ghosh Bhawan, 215/1, New Patel Road, New Delhi-110008
President: Virendra Sharma
General Secretary: P.Pandurangarao
Department of Posts
New Delhi – 110 001
Sub:- Non-settlement of GDS demands – Two days strike with Postal JCA – Reg.
I would like to draw your kind attention on the following issues of GDS. The entire GDS employees are very much agitated on the non-settlement of GDS demands for the last 4 months. Implementation of positive recommendations of Shri Kamalesh Chandra Committee made partial and so many other positive recommendations are yet to be implemented. Regarding the drawal of Combined Duty Allowance, Composite Allowance and Risk & Hardship Allowances are kept pending in many divisions for seeking necessary clarifications from the Directorate. Membership verification in GDS cadre has been stopped arbitrarily. Non-availability of proper net work connection in rural areas became tedious in the operation of RICT devices in BOs including IPPB. Drawl of benefit from SDBS to retired GDS even after 5-6 years became farce. Repeated requests to the administration through various forums became in vain.
In this background, we have no other option except to conduct a serious trade union action and AIPEU-GDS is decided to go for two days strike on 8th & 9th January 2019 along with Postal JCA (NFPE & FNPO) demanding to settle the following issues in favour of GDS.
1. Implement all positive recommendations of Shri Kamalesh Chandra Committee and grant civil servant status to GDS.
2. The recommendations of the GDS Committee should be implemented from 01-01-2016 regarding new wage scale for calculation of arrears.
3. All the recommendations on retirement benefits to GDS should be implemented from 01-01-2016. Consider perusal about the drawal of benefits from SDBS to the retired GDS in waiting since Jan, 2014.
4. Justified scale fixation to be granted to senior GDS as there are some anomalies while fixing the new wage scale caused drawal of lesser wage and meager benefit compared with new entrants.
5. Bring GDS under the purview of Gratuity Act as recommended by the GDS Committee up to Rs.5.00 laks w.e.f 01-01-2016.
6. Issue orders on the following recommendations as ensured in the minutes of the meeting dtd.31-07-2018 with GDS unions.
(a) Children Education Allowance
(b) Emergency leave to GDS
(c) Accumulation of Paid Leave to a maximum of 180 days
(d) Insurance Scheme
(e) Limited transfer facility
(f) Voluntary discharge scheme
(g) Qualifying service for LDCEs.
7.Restart the process of membership verification in GDS cadre as it was arbitrarily cancelled.
8.Combined Duty Allowance, Composite Allowance, Risk & Hardship Allowance should be granted to GDS as per the recommendations of the GDS Committee without any modification.
9.All vacant posts of Departmental cadres viz., MTS, Postman, MG allotted to the GDS should be filled up as and when the vacancy arises every year keeping in view of the age of GDS and cut-off date of the examination. Conditions like 3yrs / 5yrs minimum service may be relaxed and allow the suggestions made by the GDS Committee. Condition of possessing Driving License at the time of examination may also be relaxed.
10.Fill up all vacant posts in GDS cadre to avoid combination of duties in the back ground of RICT & IPPB rolled out in BOs.
11.Grant Pension to the promoted GDS to the Departmental cadres based on Supreme Court Judgement in SLP No. (C) 13042 of 2014.
12.Proper net work availability should be made in all rural areas after introduction of DARPAN in BOs.
13.Grant funds to draw all kinds of incentives liable to GDS viz., MNREGS, DBT Schemes, PLI/RPLI etc., pending for years in all Circles.
14.Necessary changes may be made in Rule-3A of GDS (C&E) Rules, 2011 in case of Rule-3A (i),(ii),(iii),(vii)&(ix) in favour of GDS in the changed pattern of working conditions in the BOs besides the recommendations of the GDS Committee.
15. Introduce Medical treatment facility to GDS as suggested by the GDS Committee.