One day Token Strike on 129.2018 - Income Tax Employees and Officers’ Associations
Long Pending issues & ongoing agitation – Income Tax Employees and Officers’ Associations
Long Pending issues & ongoing agitation – Income Tax Employees Federation and Gazetted Officers’ Associations
Dated, 9th July, 2018
The Presidents/General Secretaries
of all the Units/Circles of ITGOA and ITEF
Sub : Long Pending issues & ongoing agitation – regarding
As decided earlier by the Central JCA to embark upon the path of agitation on various issues affecting the membership of the JCA from 17th May 2018, all the affiliated units have participated in the agitation programme and successfully completed the first phase of agitation. It was due to the unified agitation of the members of the JCA, the CBDT had invited the JCA for a discussion on 26th June 2018 on the charter of demands. Though the meeting lasted more than 2(two) hours but no such concrete/positive assurances were received from the Chairman, CBDT regarding resolving of the issues at the earliest. On 27th June 2018 the matter was discussed in the Central JCA meeting held at Civic Centre, Delhi. The meeting threadbarely discussed the outcome of the meeting with the Chairman, CBDT and was of the opinion to continue the ongoing agitation till the minutes of the meeting is made available to the JCA. It was further decided that on receipt of the minutes, further intensification of the agitation would be decided, if necessary.
As per the decision of the meeting, we have persuaded with the Authorities of the CBDT for issuing the minutes immediately but the same was till awaited. Moreover, we have also observed that some of the issues on which positive assurances were given by the Chairman, CBDT, there were no progress. Considering the impasse continuing in the Board on resolving the issues we have no other alternative but to intensify the agitation.
Accordingly, as per the decision of the Central JCA meeting dated 27th June 2018 authorising the Joint Convenors to suggest for the intensification of the agitation, it is now decided to mount Phase-II of our agitation from 23rd July 2018. It was further decided to submit the same to the Chairman, CBDT informing him about the intensification of the agitational programme if the issues
did not get resolved by 20th July 2018. It was further decided to hold Press meet on 20th July 2018 by all the Circles/Units at their respective headquarters for wider publicity of the issues relating to genuine grievances of the officers and employees of the Department. A press note in this regard will be forwarded by Central JCA to all Circles/Units in due time. The Central JCA will also undertake mobilisation programme from 16th to 20th July, 2018 and all Unit leadership are requested for extensive campaigning in all offices of respective Regions for implementation of the following programme successfully.
The next phase of agitation will be as under :-
JULY 2018 ONWARDS
1) Lunch Hour Demonstration on 23rd July, 2018 in all stations;
2) To boycott Income Tax Day on 24th July 2018 and observing Black Day by wearing Black Ribbons. The members of JCA will not participate in any meeting of the committee that may be constituted for organising this programme immediately after issuance of the Circular of JCA.
3) Black Flag Demonstration on visiting Chairman/Members of CBDT and Officials of Directorates in all income tax offices where they visit. Boycott Outreach programme/Seminar by Officers/Officials (visit to Schools, TDS seminar etc.)
4) Not to attend office on Saturday , Sunday & Holidays by the JCA members.
5) Not to attend any duty in the nature of protocol duty by members of JCA
AUGUST 2018 ONWARDS
1) Non-participation in the Search and seizure operation, Survey including TDS & recovery Survey and spot verification;
2) Mass squatting programme by Office Bearers and Committee Members of the JCA in front of the Chamber/Conference Hall whenever the Video Conference takes place.
3) Observing Day Long Fasting on 9th August, 2018 from 10 AM to 5 PM by the Office Bearers and Committee Members of the JCA at all stations of PCCIT/CCIT/PCIT.
4) Half-a-day (from 2 PM) Walk Out on 28th August 2018.
One day Token Strike on 12th September, 2018 by the members of the JCA. It was also decided that the Central JCA will meet again to take stock of the situation during the month of August, 2018. All the units of the JCA are requested to ensure implementation of the aforementioned agitational programme in case of non-settlement of the issues within 20th July 2018.
It was also decided that in many regions the local administration had constituted committees for celebration of the Income Tax Day on 24th July 2018. As we have already decided to boycott the Income Tax Day celebration hence we appeal to all our members who were nominated in the committees should not extend any co-operation in this respect. We are hopeful that with the cent percentage participation of all the units and members, the issues above will reach to a logical end.
With revolutionary greetings,