CCS (LTC) Rules: Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for Railway Employees
Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for Railway Employees and CCS (LTC) Rules
Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for Railway Employees and CCS (LTC) Rules – A Brief – Compiled by K.V.Ramesh Sr.JGS/IRTSA
1. Railway employees are allowed to avail LTC as per DoPT OM dated 27th March 2018
2. Railway employees continue to be governed fully by the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules.
3. “All India LTC” once in a block of four years.
4. “All India LTC” will be purely optional for the railway employees.
5. After availing “All India LTC” in a year, it will not be mandatory for the railway employee to opt for “All India LTC” in the next or subsequent block years.
6. No “Home Town LTC” will be admissible.
7. Railway employees will surrender the Privilege Passes admissible to them in the calendar year in which they intend to avail the LTC facility.
8. They would continue to be eligible for Privilege Ticket Orders and other kinds of passes viz., Duty Pass, School Pass, Special Passes on Medical grounds, etc., as admissible under the Pass rules.
9. If both spouses are Railway employees then both will surrender privilege passes.
10. Beneficiaries will be members of family, dependents, etc as per conditions as laid down in the CCS (LTC) rules will be applicable for availing “All India LTC”.
Brief on orders issued by DoPT/MOF on LTC
11. Family for the purpose of LTC – Government employee, spouse, two unmarried dependent children, divorced/widowed daughter, dependent parents residing with employee, dependent unmarried minor brother & sister and dependent divorced/widowed sister residing with employee.
12. Government servant and each member of his family may visit different places of their choice during the block of four years.
13. Employee should have completed one year continuous service on the date of journey.
14. Travel entitlements of Government servants for the purpose of LTC shall be the same as TA entitlements as notified vide Ministry of Finance’s O.M. dated 13.07.2017, except the air travel entitlement for Level 6 to Level 8 of the Pay Matrix, which is allowed in respect of TA only and not for LTC. ie Only AC 2 tier by train for pay level 6 to level 8.
15. No daily allowance shall be admissible for travel on LTC.
16. LTC shall be admissible in respect of journeys performed in vehicles operated by the Government or any Corporation in the public sector run by the Central or State Government or a local body.
17. For places not connected by any Government means of transport, reimbursement shall be allowed as per entitlement for journey on transfer for a maximum limit of 100 Kms covered by the private/personal transport based on a self-certification.
18. Employees not entitled to travel by air may travel by any airline. However, reimbursement in such cases shall be restricted to the fare of their entitled class of train, transport or actual expense, whichever is less,”
19. Reimbursement under LTC scheme does not cover incidental expenses and expenditure incurred on local journeys.
20. Travel by Premium trains/Premium Tatkal trains/Suvidha trains is allowed on LTC. Further, reimbursement of tatkal charges or premium tatkal charges shall also be admissible for the purpose of LTC.
21. Flexi fare (dynamic fare) applicable in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains shall be admissible for the journey(s) performed by these trains on LTC. This dynamic fare component shall not be admissible in cases where a nonentitled Government servant travels by air and claims reimbursement for the entitled class of Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains.
22. Catering charges charged by the Indian Railways included in the rail fare for Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains, shall be reimbursable in full as per the entitlement/eligibility.
23. For children aged between 5 yrs and under 12 yrs, the actual rail fare shall be reimbursed for LTC, as per the choice of rail tickets (half or full) purchased by the Government servant.
24. The time-limit for drawal of LTC advance is 125 days in case of journey by train. It will be mandatory for the Government servant to produce the outward journey tickets to the Competent Authority within ten days of drawal of advance.
25. Travel by air to North East Region (NER), Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Andaman & Nicobar Islands (A&N) is extended for two years, w.e.f. 26th September, 2016 subject to the following conditions:
(a) Travel by air to continue to be performed by Air India in Economy class at LTC-80 fare or less.
(b) For journey by air to Jammu & Kashmir, travel by any airline is allowed, @ fare less than or equal to LTC80 fare of Air India.
(c) Air tickets can be purchased either directly from the airlines (booking counters/website) or through authorized agents only viz., `M/s Balmer Lawrie and Co. Ltd.’, `M/s Ashok Travels and Tours Ltd.’ and `IRCTC’.
(d) Gazetted officers can use the air travel form their place of work.
(e) Government servants not entitled to travel by air are permitted to travel by air in Economy class in the following sectors:
i) Between Kolkata/ Guwahati and any place in NER,
ii) Between Kolkata/ Chennai/ Bhubaneswar and Port Blair and
iii) Between Delhi / Amritsar and any place in J&K
(f) Journey for these non-entitled employees from their Headquarters up to Kolkata/ Guwahati/ Chennai/ Bhubaneswar / Delhi / Amritsar will have to be undertaken as per their entitlement.