UFBU MEETING HELD ON 13.11.2017 – AIBEA Circular
UFBU MEETING HELD ON 13-11-2017
1.Increasing attacks on banking sector: The meeting conveyed its appreciation to all units and members for the massive participation in the Morcha to Parliament programme on 15-9-2017. The meeting noted that Government is planning to further go ahead with their banking reform measures and hence decided that our campaign and struggle should be continued and intensified. While reiterating the decision to launch strike actions if the Government would take any adverse decisions, the meeting decided that State-level campaign should be undertaken to explain all these attacks to our grass-root level members and also to the general public. It was also decided to undertake mass signature campaign for submitting the Petition to Speaker of the Lok Sabha. Details of this programme along with the copy of the Petition will be sent to units shortly.
2. Wage Revision: The meeting took note of the details of the discussions held so far by the IBA with the Workman Unions/Officers Associations. The meeting noted that while some rounds of discussions have taken place on non-financial demands, the IBA was yet to come out to make their initial offer although it is six months since the formal negotiations have begun. Hence it was decided to take up the matter with IBA to immediately hold the meeting of the Negotiating Committee and to make their offer. It was also decided that UFBU representatives shall meet the top management of the Banks who have given restricted mandate for officers to the IBA.
3. Extend support to Two Days Strike in Regional Rural Banks: United Forum of RRB Unions has given a call for two days strike on 11th and 12th December, 2017 on their demands like opposition to privatization of RRBs, extension of PF-Pension Parity for RRB employees and officers, compassionate ground appointments, parity in service conditions at par with sponsor banks, etc. It was decided to extend our support to their strike and their demands as follows: i. UFBU to address a letter a Finance Minister ii. Constituent unions to address letter to Finance Minister iii. Our members to participate in their demonstrations on 11th and 12th December on the strike days.4. Support to AIBEA-AIBOA Strike on 27th December, 2017: The meeting decided to extend fraternal support to the call given by AIBEA and AIBOA for All India Strike on 27th December, 2017 demanding immediate wage revision for IDBI Bank employees and officers.
UFBU’s LETTER TO CHAIRMAN, IBA
“ You are well aware that on the Charter of Demands submitted by our Employees Unions and Officers Associations, discussions have commenced from May, 2017 and quite a few rounds of discussions have also taken place. Right from the beginning IBA has been expressing that the entire discussions need to be concluded at the earliest, preferably before Diwali festival so that the revised pay scales can be implemented from 1-11-2017. Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, Government of India have also been issuing frequent communications that the negotiations are to be completed well in time before 1-11-2017.
2. But it is observed that while discussions are taking place on non-financial demands, so far IBA has not made any offer on increase in wages. You will appreciate that increase in wages is the crux of the Charter of Demands submitted by us and IBA’s silence on this important issue, is a matter of serious concern to all of us.
3. While reiterating our commitment to conclude the discussions early and expedite the Settlement through mutual discussions, we wish to point out that expeditious Settlement is not possible if IBA does not come forward to make their offer on quantum of wage increase and negotiate the same to the satisfaction of all to conclude the Settlement without any further delay.
4. IBA’s reluctance or delay in making the offer on wage revision for the past six months is creating resentment and restlessness among the rank and file of employees and officers and hence it is not desirable to delay it any further. As already requested in the last round of meeting, we urge upon IBA to convene the meeting of the Negotiating Committee immediately, make their initial offer and conclude the settlement expeditiously so that the whole process of wage revision settlement for employees and officers is completed. Looking forward to your positive response ”