Guidelines for On-boarding of Organizations on Jeevan Pramaan
Background: As a Digital India initiative to facilitate Pensioners, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) has launched Jeevan Pramaan portal. Now the pensioner need not visit office of Disbursing Agency for physical submission of Life Certificate and may use the Aadhaar enabled Biometric authentication mechanism to generate Digital Life Certificate.
Advantages of Digital Life Certificate (DLCs): It may be generated from anywhere including home if the Windows/Android based device is having an Internet and STQC certified Bio metric device connected to it is available. Auto SMS to pensioners regarding DLC. Auto transfer of DLC to Pension Disbursing Agency. Sending SMS by Pension Disbursing Agency after processing.
The Pre-requisite for pensions are that their Pension Sanctioning Authority may have to issue order regarding acceptance of DLC and have to on board on the portal along with their Pension Disbursing Agency.
2. Eligibility for on-boarding on Jeevan Pramaan portal.
2.1.Sanctioning Authority Following Pension Sanctioning Authority can be on boarded: Apex Offices (such as Offices of the Hon’ble President of India, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India) Central Government offices. State/UTs Government Offices. Autonomous bodies/ Statutory Organizations/ Societies under Central Government Ministries/Departments/Offices. Autonomous bodies under State Government Ministries/Departments/Offices. Central Government/State Government PSUs. Bodies created through Parliament/State Legislation. Judicial Organizations.2.2.Disbursing Agencies
Pension Disbursing Agencies means the Life Certificate processing agency for the pensioner. Following Disbursing Agencies may be eligible for on-boarding: Banks Post Offices State/UTs Government Offices(Treasuries) Guidelines for On-boarding of Organizations on Jeevan Pramaan Central Government Offices Autonomous bodies /Statutory Organizations/Societies PSUs of Central Govt. Autonomous bodies/ PSUs of State Govt. Bodies created through Parliament/State Legislation. Judicial Organizations.
3. On-boarding Process for Sanctioning and Disbursing Authority
- Sanctioning Authority has to share the Order related to acceptance of DLC by its disbursing agency. On-boarding agencies have to upload duly signed form to for on-boarding on the portal for creation of user account. Sanctioning/Disbursing Agency may get an account to view/monitor DLCs. Banks will be provided SFTP account on Jeevan Pramaan SFTP servers. Additional forms need to be filled by Banks to get this facilities indicating the IPs to be white listed.
- 4. Responsibilities of Disbursing Authority
Disbursing Agency on boarded on the system has to download DLCs from the portal on regular basis. Downloaded DLCs are to be processed in timely manner. Disbursing Agency may have to send status related DLCs via SMS to the pensioners.
5. Aadhaar Act, 2016 Government of India has enacted Aadhaar Act, 2016.
The sanctioning authorities and Disbursing Agencies have to follow the Aadhaar Act, 2016. The DLCs data cannot be shared with any Agency other than the pensioners’ Sanctioning and Disbursing Agency (as specified in the consent taken). The Digital Life certificate is an add-on facility to the existing way of submission of Life Certificate.
6. Government may review above guidelines from time to time to address any emerging needs/ requirements.
7. For any clarification related to Jeevan Pramaan, email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org