Dearness Relief Orders issued for CG Pensioners effective from 1.1.2017
Grant of DR to CG Pensioners/Family Pensioners – Revised rate effective from 1.1.2017
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Date : 07th April, 2017
Subject: Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners – Revised rate effective from 1.1.2017.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM No. 42/15/2016-P&PW(G) dated 16th Nov, 2016 on the subject mentioned above and to state that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief admissible to Central Government pensioners/family pensioners shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 2% to 4% w.e.f. 1.1.2017.
2. These orders apply to (i) Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners (ii) The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates, (iii) All India Service Pensioners (iv) Railway Pensloners/family pensioners (v) Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension.
3. These orders shall not be applicable on following categories
(i) The Burma Civilian pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government pensioners from Pakistan who are lndian Nationals but receiving pension on behalf of Government of Pakistan and are in receipt of ad-hoc ex-gratia allowance.
(ii) Central Government Employees who had drawn lump sum amount on absorption in a PSU/Autonomous body and are in receipt of 1/3 restored commuted portion of pension.
(iii) CPF beneficiaries, their widows and eligible children who are in receipt of ex-gratia payment in terms of this Department’s OM No.45/52/97-P&PW(E) dated 16.12.1997 and revised vide this Department’s OM 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dated 27.06.2013.
Separate orders will be issued in respect of the above categories.
4. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
5. Other provisions governing grant of DR in respect of employed family pensioners and reemployed Central Government Pensioners will be regulated in accordance with the provisions contained in this Department’s OM No. 45/73/97-P&PW (G) dated 2.7.1999 as amended vide this Department’s OM No. F. No. 38/88/2008-P&PW(G) dated 9th July, 2009. The provisions relating to regulation of DR where a pensioner is in receipt of more than one pension will remain unchanged.
6. In the case of retired Judges of the Supreme Court and High Courts, necessary orders will be issued by the Department of Justice separately.
7. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
8. The offices of Accountant General and authorised Pension Disbursing Banks are requested to arrange payment of relief to pensioners etc. on the basis of these instructions without waiting for any further instructions from the Comptroller and Auditor General of India and the Reserve Bank of India in view of letter No. 528-TA, 11/34-80-11 dated 23/04/1981 of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India addressed to all Accountant Generals and Reserve Bank of India Circular No. GANB No. 2958/GA-64 (ii) (CPL)/81 dated the 21st May, 1981 addressed to State Bank of India and its subsidiaries and all Nationalised Banks.
9. In their application to the pensioners/family pensioners belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue after consultation with the C&AG.
10. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their OM No.1/3/2017-E.II(B) dated 30th March, 2017.
11. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India