Dopt Orders : Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from UDCs of CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS- Select List for the years 2009 - regarding
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi-3
Dated, the 08th August, 2013.
Subject :- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from UDCs of CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS- Select List for the years 2009 - regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that on the basis of the vacancy position intimated by CS.I Division, it has been decided by the competent authority to prescribe the range of seniority for the Select List of Assistant of CSS for the Years 2009 (Seniority Quota).
|Sl. - Year||Total No. of vacancy||SC||ST||UR|
3. In order to avoid any disparity which may arise if the promotions are made on the basis of Cadre Seniority, the competent authority has also approved the range of seniority for promotion UDCs CSCS to Assistant Grade of CSS for the Select List Years 2009, on the basis of CSL of UDCs of CSCS finalized as per the information received from the Cadre Units and circulated by this Department vide OM No.20/53/2008-CS.II(B) Vol.II dated 16.12.2011.
4. The range of seniority for the Select List of Assistant of CSS for the year 2009 is as follows:
All unabsorbed and eligible UDCs of previous zones and the enclosed list of UDCs prepared on the basis of the CSL of UDCs circulated vide this Department’s OM No.20/53/2008-CS.II(B) Vol.II dated 16.12.2011 subject to the condition that they have completed 10 years of approved service as on 01.07.2009.
All unabsorhed and eligible UDCs of previous zones and the enclosed list of UDCs prepared on the basis of the CSL of UDCs circulated vide this Department’s OM N0.20/53/2008-CS.II(B) Vol.II dated 16.12.2011 subject to the condition that they have completed 10 years of approved service as on 01.07.2009.
All unabsorbed and eligible UDCs of previous zones, subject to the condition that they have completed 10 years of approved service as on 01.07.2009.
5. Cadre Units are also informed that the vacancies in SL 2009 may undergo a change. As no UDCs of ST category having 10 years of approved service are available for the Select List Year 2009, these unfilled vacancies are to be carried forward to the next Select List Years.
6. A list of UDCs (as in the Annexure-I) presently working as ad-hoc Assistants tobe considered for regularization is enclosed. Cadre Units are requested to take immediate action for their regularization by appointing them as Assistants against the Select List Year 2009 by conducting DPC within a period of one month. The Cadre Units must ensure that no official without vigilance clearance/unfit is appointed to Assistant Grade. It is also stated that the UDCs who are not in CSCS, due to retirement, technical resignation (and holding no lien on the post), VRS etc., may not be considered for promotion to Assistant Grade as they are not available for actual promotion.
7. All the eligible officials, in the said attached Annexure-I, may be appointed ‘as is where is basis’ i.e., in the Cadre Units where they are presently working within the sanctioned strength in that Cadre Unit. A copy of the appointment order may be endorsed to this Department for records. The seniority of these officials in Assistant Grade would be as per the CSL of UDCs prepared, circulated and finalized by this Department. Cases of refusal of promotion may be dealt with as per instructions contained in Department’s OM No.22011/5/86-Estt.(D) dated 10.04.1989. Relevant extract of the said OM was circulated vide this Department’s OM No. 5/1/2008-CSI(S) dated 08.04.2011.
8. A consolidated report indicating the name and details of the officials who have been appointed/promoted to Assistant Grade against the Select List year 2009 and a list of those UDCs who have not been promoted to Assistant Grade, with reasons, may also be furnished to this Department in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-II) by 10th September, 2013.
9. Further, it shall be specified in the orders to be issued by the Cadre Units that the appointment of these officials would be subject to the Outcome of W.P. No.209/2013 filed by Shri Ravinder Kumar Jha and others before the Hon'ble High Court of Delhi and order by Competent Court in any of the connected matters.
10. This OM is available on the website of this Department viz,:
Department of Personnel & Training
Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS)
Zone of promotions (UDC to Assistant).
(K. Suresh Kumar)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India