Interest on General Provident Fund(GPF) for the year 2009-10
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Economic Affairs)
New Delhi, the 15th October, 2009
It is announced for general information that during the year 2009-2010, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall continue to carry interest at the rate of 8% (Eight per cent) per annum. This rate will be in force during the financial year begining on 1.4.2009. The funds concerned are :-
1. The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
2. The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
3. The All India Services Provident Fund.
4. The State Railway Provident Fund.
5. The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
6. The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
7. The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
8. The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
9. The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
10. The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
(Ritesh Kumar Singh)
Deputy Secretary (Budget)
2. The PCDAOPUNE says the contribution is taken into account next month only. Thus there is delay of one month.
3. What is the rule Position?
4. There is huge loss, since this defficiencey of Rs 10,000/- will be reflected at the end of service only. More the times the raise, more the loss.
5. Comment please