Skip to main content

Arrears: KV teachers allege apathy

Resentment is brewing among the teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) against the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan for non-payment of their salary arrears pending after the revisions made by the Sixth Pay Commission.

The general secretary of All India Kendriya Vidyalaya Teachers Association (AIKVTA) S S Malik said more than three years have passed since the central pay commission declared the pay revision.

“Even the state governments have paid the arrears to their employees. But the KV teachers working under HRD Ministry are yet to get their arrears,” he alleged.

He said that though 40 per cent of the amount was released in April, the rest 60 per cent is still pending. “We have appealed the HRD Minister to make budgetary provisions for the same and release the money immediately. But no response has come yet,” he informed.

Sources said while there are about 950 KVs in the country, the Bhubaneswar region comprising Orissa and Jharkhand has over 50 KVs.

The KV teachers are also annoyed following a recent decision asking them to forgo their 10-day winter vacation and coach the bright and weak students of their respective schools by taking extra classes.

The decision was taken during the recent conference of principals of KVs. Though the teachers are yet to be intimated about it officially, the AIKVTA has opposed the decision.

This apart, the KV vocational staffs – teachers and Class-IV employees - have opposed another decision of the Sanghatan which bars them from their earned leave (EL) and forces them to opt for half pay leave (HPL) on production of medical certificates countersigned by the chief medical officer.
Source: ExpressBuzz


The 6th CPC arrears caluculations are not yet done properly in Kendriya Vidhyalayas even though they paid 40% arrears. In some schools the teachers hired CA to get their Due/Drawn Statements prepared. Faulty fixation of pay and allwances will definitely lead to a great loss to government or teachers either way. The KV clerks attended the crash courses to improve their understanding with regard to the calculation of 6th CPC arrears. It seems they gained only TA/DA and allowances not the requisite knowledge.

Blog History

Show more