Only expert can certify medical case as emergency: CAT

The Central Administrative Tribunal has held that only a medical expert, not a departmental authority, is "competent" to certify if treatment administered on a government employee is an emergency case deserving medical reimbursement.

"Medical reimbursement cannot be claimed as a right in the context of financial burden on the government but when a laid down policy is there... then the authority, which is competent to certify an emergency, cannot be a departmental authority," the tribunal comprising members Shanker Raju and Veena Chhotray said.

"It is only an expert in the field, which is competent and has jurisdiction to certify whether the treatment incurred was in a state of emergency or not," the CAT said.
Source: PTI


Unknown said…
i joined railways on 2-8-93, and worked regularly upto 23-4-2007, then i got appointment on permanent absorption basis in central public sector , so i joined cpsu on 26-4-2007. i completed 13 years (app) service in railways. my application for cpsu post had been forwarded through proper channel.Now please clarify Sir, whether i am eligible to pension, if eligible , how much percent of total pension.

Popular posts from this blog

Central Government Office Holiday List 2023 - DoPT Order PDF Download

7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion/MACP Calculator with Matrix Table

Revised Pay Scale from 1.7.2017 for Karnataka Govt Employees