Govt's new health insurance scheme for BPL families

Government has introduced a new health insurance scheme for Below Poverty Line (BPL) card holders, which would allow their families to get treatment free of cost at all government hospitals, Union Labour Minister Mallikarjuna Kharge said today.

Under the scheme, five members of a BPL family could avail treatment at any government and ESI hospitals free of cost, up to a limit of Rs 30,000 annually, Kharge told reporters here.

The scheme would be available in unorganised sectors like beedi industry, construction among others.

The centre was giving 87.5 per cent grant to states while the states would have to bear the remaining 12.5 per cent to run ESI hospitals, he said.

Kharge also said a skill development programme aimed at training 50 crore youth by 2020 had also been introduced by the Centre.

Source: PTI


s k sharma said…
This is really worth appreciating for the BPL card holders.But who would watch its implementation in its true spirit so that help provided by the Govt. actually reaches poor. Does this mean any improvement in the conditions of hospitals to provide adequate facilities to the poor?

Popular posts from this blog

Central Government Office Holiday List 2023 - DoPT Order PDF Download

7th CPC Pay Fixation on Promotion/MACP Calculator with Matrix Table

Revised Pay Scale from 1.7.2017 for Karnataka Govt Employees